Thursday, May 3, 2012

Austin Westbrook


Meet Austin Westbrook.  He's the adorable 11 month old you see in the picture above you.  To you, he may be just another cute baby on the internet, but to over 10,000 members on facebook, and many more in person, he's much much more.  Austin was shaken as an infant, only three months old, and thrown onto a couch by a babysitter.  His parents and his sisters world was turned upside down. Through surgeries, stays in hospitals, and lots of medical treatment, we are fortunate to have him here, today.  


I first heard about this story on facebook, when my friends were sharing his facebook page "Prayers for Austin Westbrook" and talking about how sad it was to see such a little cutie in pain.  My heart strings were instantly pulled because my own baby was only a couple of months older than Austin.  I felt sad, concerned, angry, hopeful...and since the family was in Abilene, there wasn't much more I could do but "like" the page and pray for them.  Months of updates full of sweet pictures, holidays, indictments, treatments, one stuck out to me when his mother posted that they were moving to the Amarillo area.  I felt like celebrities were moving to town ;)  


So, where does Sugar Rush tie into this whole story?  Well, as I stated above, this little angel is 11 months old and will be celebrating a birthday, soon.  Now, if you know anything about me and my kid's birthday parties...you know I love to go all out.  When his mother, Jennifer, posted that people were inquiring about what they could donate on behalf of the party, I jumped on it and am happy to announce that Sugar Rush by Lauren Sadler will be donating the most amazing batman cake, along with 5 dozen (or more!) cupcakes to match!  My good friend Cathy Pruiett will also be making the biggest, most amazing cupcake and cake stand to match.  Needless to say, this birthday party will be epic!  



Jump-n-Jive has graciously donated bouncy houses for the kiddos


Games 2 U Amarillo  will be set up for the event


There will be food, drinks, CAKE, and lots and lots of fun for everyone!  Bring your kids and show your support to the new family in town!  It's only by the act of God that Austin is still with us today to be able to celebrate this milestone and I am more than happy to be a part of his special day! :)  Show your love and support and like their facebook page, send his parents a word of encouragement and show that baby some love on all his pictures!  

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change"
James 1:17







No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Tell me whatcha think! :)